Yvette Tanamal (The Jakarta Post)
Tue, January 10 2023
New ASEAN Secretary-General Kao Kim Hourn will prioritize the six P’s of peace, prosperity, planet, people, partnerships and potentials during his four-year term as administrative head of the bloc, he said in his inaugural speech on Monday.
Kao, a Cambodia-based international relations scholar, took the baton of leadership from Bruneian diplomat Lim Jock Hoi in a ceremony at the ASEAN Secretariat in South Jakarta.
His inauguration comes as the organization is tested by the ongoing crisis in post-coup Myanmar and renewed geopolitical rivalries playing out in Southeast Asia.
to Read Full Story
Starting from IDR 55,500/month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription