Deni Ghifari (The Jakarta Post)
Thu, January 12, 2023
Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Sandiaga Uno has said the ministry will adjust the country’s foreign tourism strategy in response to a heightened risk of recession in developed economies this year.
Such recessions could affect several major sources of Indonesian tourism, namely the United States, China and Europe, Sandiaga said on Monday in a weekly press briefing.
“[A recession would] of course affect people’s expenditures, especially on tourism. Therefore, we have decided to adapt in terms of tourism and creative economy development focus, specifically regarding foreign tourists,” said Sandiaga.
to Read Full Story
Starting from IDR 55,500/month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription