A. Muh. Ibnu Aqil (The Jakarta Post)
Sat, January 14, 2023
Environmentalists have criticized Indonesia and Malaysia’s pledge to fight “discrimination” against palm oil, saying it puts the countries’ commitment to halting deforestation into question.
On Monday, Indonesia and Malaysia, the world’s largest palm oil producers, agreed to cooperate to develop the palm oil market and to combat what they referred to as discrimination against the commodity.
Environmentalists are worried that the agreement will undermine the countries’ efforts to combat deforestation.
to Read Full Story
Starting from IDR 55,500/month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription