Suherdjoko (The Jakarta Post)
Sun, January 22, 2023
Chinese-Indonesian residents of Semarang, Central Java, are hoping for better lives in the Year of the Rabbit, as restriction-free Lunar New Year festivities return.
“Imlek celebrations in the past few years have been muted as a result of the pandemic,” said Aman Gautama Wangsa, chair of the Khong Kauw Hwee foundation, on Thursday.
“Now that movement restrictions have been lifted, we are hopeful that this Year of the Rabbit, everything will be better.”
to Read Full Story
Starting from IDR 55,500/month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription