Tue, January 10, 2023
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators arrested Papua’s governor on Tuesday in a corruption probe on suspicion of accepting bribes linked to infrastructure projects in the restive eastern province, officials said.
Authorities have accused Lukas Enembe, 55, of granting contracts — worth up to Rp 40 billion ($2.57 million) between 2019 and 2021 — for construction projects to a company with an inexperienced track record in the sector.
He was accused in September of accepting a bribe of one billion rupiah from the company but failed to respond to several summonses to Jakarta from anti-graft authorities, citing health reasons.
to Read Full Story
Starting from IDR 55,500/month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription