Stanley Widianto (Reuters) (The Jakarta Post)
Thu, January 12 2023
Transgender woman Chika Ananda Putrie wakes every morning in her decrepit rented room in a Jakarta slum, worried for her safety because of her gender identity.
She saw some of her worst fears come true last month, with the new ban on people from having sex outside marriage or even living together, at the risk of prison time.
“I am scared of being jailed,” said Chika, a 28-year-old busker who commutes each day to her preferred spot in a nearby town, and fears being caught living with her partner.
to Read Full Story
Starting from IDR 55,500/month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription